EYESIGHT AND INSIGHT
CULTURAL COHESION VERSUS FREE MOVEMENT
The desire and necessity of migration has been a source of human conflict for a very long time. It's compulsive, instinctive behaviour and perhaps even essential for survival. We are compelled to eat, to sleep, to procreate, to run, to fight, yes, even to migrate.
Resisting the compulsion of migration is cohesion as a survival strategy for communities. Cohesion is most often expressed through culture, language, food, dress. Immigration disturbs that cohesion and if the immigrants stay around long enough, change and eventransform it.
The established a communiy attempts to defend the staus quo.
Isn't it time to reduce, if not remove, that source of conflict; to accept that devising and obeying laws is a completely reasonable method of organising stable, flourishing communities.
The status quo is an not efficient judge of what additional cultures may or may not benefit that community. The force of nature is always the best template for survival and evolution. If nature compels migration, it stands to reason that migration must benefit the species.
Does a community have the moral or ethical right to decide who may or may not reside in, participate in or benefit from that community? Ought any community require cultural cohesion and compliance, or compliance of behaviour which does not have a material, damaging implication for other community members according to laws devised by and agreed upon by that community.
But no community is obliged to provide employment for, care for or provide for newly arrived immigrants beyond the basics of natural charity.
It is a basic right that any human being may occupy public space or possess private space, where they want, when they want, as long as they have the means of providing for their own basic human necessities and obey regional and community laws. If they do not obey, and are apprehended and judged guilty of disobedience, they may face just punishment.
Remove border controls for people.
Promote the free movement of human beings throughout the universe.
JIHAD IN THE CITY
Take young men,
Tell them of partition,
Of torture and tyranny,
Suffered by their ancestors,
When they lived in the colony.
Young strong and free,
Trap them in a place,
Where they never see a friendly face,
Outside the family.
Send rockets, missiles and guns,
To slaughter their loved ones,
In the old countries beyond the sea.
Give them a voice,
Then fear what they say.
Give them a choice,
Then slight the God to whom they pray.
Jihad brothers lay down your arms.
Such a long time since I was here,
Will have to come back,
Looking for something to do,
To keep my life on track.
We may have come from the farther shore,
We may ask for too much and then for more.
But we too have emerged from the mud,
We too are brothers of the blood.
It's been some time since I shared my
thoughts through these pages. In the meantime music has filled my
time. Producing a CD by Iron Horse is now all but finished. It
has been two years in the making and at least, for the time being, I am
finished with it. Time will tell whether it was a useless detour or
time well invested. You can read about the early days of Iron Horse
CARS AND GUITARS. It is a much changed band since those bad old
The intelligent design of deteriorating
if you think it will last forever, it
if you think it won't hurt when the rot
set in, it will
if you think you can stop the rot with
talk, you can't
if you think you can live with the pain
of losing something you value, you can.
The intelligent design of pain:-
determining the consistent efficiency of a function is critical to success
each function must be constantly monitored in order to identify malfunction
corrective action is the expected response to indications of malfunction
red lights and alarms serve to alert machine operators of mechanical malfunctions
pain serves to alert living organisms of
the level of corrective action available
to the organism varies with species
it is at its most sophisticated in
The intelligent design of giving up:-
at some point, in any enterprise,
continued endeavor ceases to benefit an organism
either consciously, or unconsciously,
the organism ceases the endeavor beyond that point
the sperm stops squirming when the
energy to continue runs out
a lion will cease the chase when it
senses the energy expended exceeds the amount to be extracted from the
it is possible that both the lion and
the sperm are motivated to cease their endeavors by the same
The intelligent design of tolerating
injustice in relationships:-
- one invests time, money and emotional
credibility in a relationship
- relationships change, sometimes suddenly
- when one side of the relationship
changes, the other must adjust or cut and run
- weighing up the pros and cons of each
action in light of current circumstances takes a great deal of time
- if DNA has already been
transferred and no longer needs to be protected, or is not likely to
be, the inclination is often to cut and run
- thus it is possible that the DNA is
influencing the decision.
The intelligent design of caring:-
- suppose a bird takes pride in the
presentation of his mating dance
- suppose a bird feels the loss of chicks
taken by a rat
- suppose a bird remembers the source of a
- suppose a bird is conscious of what it
- suppose a bird is conscious of what it
The intelligent design of persistence:-
- the throat is sore and dry
- the nose is clogged
- the back hurts
- the mind is dull
- and still the feet move forward
- step by step.
The intelligent design of determination:-
- There's many bumps in the road on the
- after a while the bumps become all there
- it takes a focus on the future to
tolerate the bumps
- being aware there is a future is
evidence of intelligent design.
The intelligent design of irreducible
- an organic structure, ie an organ, is no
good to an organism unless it is already completely assembled
- half of an eye is no better than no eye
- yet there many instances of eyes that
are more fully formed on some creatures than others, as well as many
different types of eyes with many different degrees of 'seeing'
- if science being unable explain a
phenomenon is proof of intelligent design, then when science does find
an explanation for it, that explanation becomes disproof of
The intelligent design of reason:-
- the ability to analyze and react to
changing circumstances is evidence of intelligence
- the survival and adaptation of living
species to changing environmental influences is evidence of
- therefore all living things have
intelligence including viruses and bacteria, even though they do not
appear to have a brain
- therefore is possible, the intelligence
resides not in the brain, but in the DNA
- because DNA is common to all living
The intelligent design of communicating
- need the money
- find the money
- get the money
- invest the money
The intelligent design of spending money:-
- spend it before somebody else does
- the more you earn the more you spend
- the more you spend, the more people who
depend upon you
- the more people who depend upon you the
more responsibility you acquire
- the more responsibility you acquire, the
more respect you command
- respect is a pleasant
The intelligent design of numbers:-
- the only species known to man that adds,
subtracts, multiplies and divides is man
- mathematics is used by man to explain
- if there is order, there is design
- if there is design, there is
The intelligent design in anatomy:-
- structure is to function what function
is to purpose
- a steady state of metabolism powers the
structures that support function
- each body part has a function (ie a
- purpose is the result of design
- design results in the order,
organization, and integration of an anatomy that functions
- an anatomy that functions is the result
The intelligent design of women:-
- women prioritize their children over
their mates (in general, with a significant level of exception)
- this makes them reduce their investment
in the male/female relationship once the children are beyond basic
- this makes some men feel redundant
- older men, once their working lives have
passed their zenith, feel even more redundant.
The intelligent design of recent legal
decisions regarding science and the Bible:-
- the separation of science and faith is
- faith is essential for science to work
as a predictive technique
- faith without supporting evidence and
proof is absurd
- the legal position regarding how faith
and science are taught and in what context is absurd
- young people and especially teenagers
are not deprived of access to many thoughts which conflict with each
other and they tend to be able to differentiate
- many ideas should be taught and
supported with literature and audio visuals in many different contexts
- to segregate them is absurd and
The intelligent design of multitasking:-
- doing more than one thing at a time
increases the opportunities for success
- it also reduces the amount of resources
that can be expended on any one of the alternatives
- finding the balance between successful
multitasking and dissipation is a matter of judgment and intelligence
- the most successful multitaskers in the
natural world are humans
- the ability to multitask is a major
contributing factor to human success as a species
- the ability of humans to multitask has
evolved over time
- evolution is dependent on successful
The intelligent design of curiosity:-
- curiosity is common to aware and self
- curiosity leads to exploration
- exploration leads to discovery
- discovery leads to invention
- invention is evidence of intelligence
- if both humans and apes are inventive,
not to mention many birds and lesser mammals then it is possible, and
possibly probable, that humans and animals share a common psychology
and thus a common ancestor.
The intelligent design behind the binary
configuration of the male/female relationship:-
- some say the only difference between men
and women is their sexual organs i.e. genitals and breasts
- some say their psychology is entirely
different and infinitely variable
- some say the soul purpose of both sexes
is to replicate and distribute their DNA
- the DNA of both sexes has only four
elements: adenine, guanine, thiamine and cytosine
- both sexes are engaged in the
distribution of the same four elements.
The Bible is not necessarily the correct
description of intelligent design:-
- science and the Bible's version of the
origins of creation are not compatible
- that is not to say without equivocation
that the Bible is not correct or that scientists have not misread and
misinterpreted the evidence
- however, science's ability to predict
events and to describe the interaction of natural activity before it
happens indicates that Darwinism is probably a more reliable
explanation of the origin of the species than the Book of James.
Intelligent design is expressed by
- evolution is not undirected process
- design detection applied to evolution
suggests intelligent architecture
- evolution is the incomplete resolution
of an original formula stipulated by an intelligence
The intelligent design of numbers
- the symmetry of 1 and 0 is obvious
- 0 to 9 is less symmetrical
- it should follow that if the particles
of the universe are unevenly distributed then the less symmetrical the
numerical language the better it would be to describe that
The intelligent design of fractals
- fractals repeat patterns into infinite
microspace and infinite macrospace
- this contradicts the concept of a finite
universe as expressed by a singularity and a universe expanding into a
void as both have finite dimensions
- therefore, a mathematical equation which
can be represented in patterns, is not consistent with physical
theories which appear to predict the mechanical behavior of objects
which move in a measureable manner.
Looking for evidence of intelligent
- can reveal a moral framework for living
- can provide explanations for natural
- can help predict events
If there is intelligent design:-
- it may belong to some form of higher
being or 'God'
- it may no longer exist
- it may be of no benefit to identify it
- we may be the intelligence that created
The intelligent design of music:-
- making and arranging sounds that
communicate is evidence of intelligence
- people and animals make and arrange
- the difference is the level of control
over what sounds are available and when and how they are used.
- music is sounds that have been created
and arranged so that people find them intriguing or appealing
- music is evidence of intelligent design.
The intelligent design of pattern
- combinations are fixed arrangements of
- patterns are fixed arrangements of
- the ability to bring order to an
arrangement of items by organising them into a pattern is evidence of
- order appears in the universe far more
often than chaos.
The intelligent design of routine:-
structure is evidence of design
- structure requires modular symmetry
- routine is modular symmetry of action.
The intelligent design of attraction:-
- The display of plumage and ritual
behaviour in plants and animals is the result of natural selection
based upon compulsive behavior related to survival.
- People choose a mode of display for
themselves using cosmetic surgery, choice of clothes, make-up, jewelry
and arranging the hair.
- The difference between humans and plants
and animals is that our awareness permits us to analyze the feedback
much more quickly and to change our presentation of ourselves
according to the current circumstance.
- Empathy and feed back tell us whether we
are expressing the correct self for the current circumstance.
- I believe that science based
theories especially that of the
big bang are consistent with the concept of intelligent design.
- I believe in intelligent design.
- I believe the progenitor of DNA
is intelligent design and that DNA is the means by which living things
respond to the imperatives of intelligent design.
- I believe that our collective and
individual actions are instinctive responses to stimulants created by